Tag Archives: Franklin Park

Resurrection Lutheran Church

Resurrection Lutheran Church was born because two lay people, Sigurd Engmann and Richard Wimmermark, were concerned that no Christian Church existed in the “Westbrook” area (south of Grand Avenue) so they spoke to Dr. Fred Otterbein of North Austin Lutheran Church.  As a result, a Sunday School began in November, 1943, in the basement of...

View full post »