Category Archives: Catholic

Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside Parish is a Roman Catholic community of almost 3,000 households who live in and serve the Arlington Heights, Illinois area in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. From the activities of our worship, our school, our Stewardship, and participation in a wide variety of religious and social activity, you will soon...

View full post »

St. Alexanders

St. Alexander’s has a history almost as old as Villa Park. It was the first Catholic church in town, established in 1924 to serve 179 Catholic families in the area. The parish was named for St. Alexander I, Pope and Martyr, and was led by Rev. Henry F. Kennedy, Pastor. The First Mass was celebrated...

View full post »

St. Barnabus

In the early days of this community, a sparse Catholic population extended from 87th Street on the north to the city limits on the south. Washington Heights-Fernwood bordered on the east and the west stretched miles toward what is now known as Palos Hills. The few Catholic families attended Mass in the Longwood convent chapel...

View full post »

St. Daniel the Prophet

Welcome to St. Daniel the Prophet Parish where we strive to grow together as a community of faith through our common prayer and spirit of hospitality.  We come together in celebration at the liturgy, at numerous social events and in various organizational meetings.  Our parish community is located west of Midway Airport in the City...

View full post »

Saint Elizabeth Seton

MISSION STATEMENT “We the heartfelt people of St. Elizabeth Seton Church are empowered by the Spirit to build Christian Community through worship, education, and service and to bring the love of our Creator and Redeemer to the suffering and deprived.” “Wisdom has built her house… come enter here, and live!” When we reflect on the...

View full post »

Saint Francis Xavier

St. Francis Xavier Parish is a community of people who believe in being Church in all of its diversity –spanning the spectrum from traditional to contemporary.  We try to live vibrant lives formed by the gospel and the awareness that, at all times, we are embraced by Christ.  Our Eucharistic celebrations are the center of...

View full post »

St. Hubert Catholic Church

St. Hubert is a Roman Catholic Church located in Hoffman Estates, IL about 30 miles northwest of Chicago. St. Hubert Parish offers 9 Masses weekly, a school with Preschool through 8th Grade, Religious Education Program, Youth Ministry, and numerous ministries and organizations. Founded in 1960, St. Hubert has been served by four pastors including Fr....

View full post »

Mater Christi Church

The Village’s motto is “A Small Community with a Big Heart.” While quite descriptive of the wider North Riverside community, this statement is true to the identity of our parish! We may be small, but we always make room for more! It is also the home of the Mother of Mothers Shrine. Ceremony Site Information...

View full post »

Queen of All Saints Basilica

The basilica, designed in a modernized Gothic style was completed in 1960. The magnificent, cathedral-like church was raised to the dignity of a basilica by Pope John XXIII on March 26, 1962. The large window over the choir loft features eight different shrines of the Virgin Mary. Ceremony Site Information Queen of All Saints Basilica...

View full post »

St. Mary of the Lake

The Italian Renaissance style church was completed in 1917, patterned after the Roman churches of St. Paul Outside the Walls and St. Mary Major. The freestanding bell tower is a replica of the campanile of St. Prudentiana Church in Rome. Ceremony Site Information St. Mary of the Lake 4200 N. Sheridan Road Chicago, IL, 60613...

View full post »

St. Francis of Assisi

St. Francis of Assisi was founded in 1990 by Cardinal Joseph Bernardin to serve western Orland Park and unincorporated Cook County and has grown to approximately 3,200 families. Ceremony Site Information St. Francis of Assisi 15050 South Wolf Road Orland Park, IL 60467 708-460-0042 http://www.sfaorland.org Contributing Photographers zrWeddings

View full post »

St. Edmund Church

Saint Edmunds was the first Catholic parish in Oak Park. The beautiful English Gothic Church and rectory were dedicated in May of 1910. The church went through extensive restoration and renovation in the late 1990s. The church received Oak Park Historic Preservation awards in 2001 and again in 2010. Ceremony Site Information St. Edmund Church...

View full post »

St. Anne

In 2000, the newly-expanded church received the Association of Licensed Architects Award of Excellence in Architecture for its limestone and neo-Gothic design. The current St. Anne campus features a 1300-seat, two-story Worship Space, and a 160-seat chapel (site of the church dedicated in 1949). Ceremony Site Information St. Anne 120 Ela Street Barrington, IL 60010...

View full post »

St. Philip Neri

The church has a beautiful recently restored stone exterior with golden entry gates. Inside the sanctuary is a mixture of marble and intricate carved wood with a spectacular painted beam ceiling. It is located just a few blocks from the South Shore Cultural Center and Lake Michigan. Ceremony Site Information St. Philip Neri 2132 East...

View full post »

Saints Faith, Hope and Charity

Built for the ages, this imposing Church of American Colonial style was designed by Edward J. Schulte of Cincinnati before the Second Vatican Council and dedicated on August 1, 1962. Seating capacity: 1000 The exterior’s brick and Indiana limestone has a free-standing bell tower 178 feet high. The grand interior includes a main altar of...

View full post »