Category Archives: By Religion

First Presbyterian Church

For all of its 155 years, First Presbyterian Church of Arlington Heights has been a pillar organization of the community and a source of spiritual strength for its members. Founded in 1855, when the pioneer town was known as Dunton, the church started with two dozen members. Membership climbed slowly until the 1950’s when it...

View full post »

Grace Lutheran Church

Our history at Grace Lutheran Church of LaGrange now spans three centuries. On April 14, 1887 a group of people dedicated to start a new church met at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Gust Winkrans to organize Grace Lutheran Church of LaGrange (though its first name was Emmaus Lutheran). With little money they pledged...

View full post »

Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside Parish is a Roman Catholic community of almost 3,000 households who live in and serve the Arlington Heights, Illinois area in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. From the activities of our worship, our school, our Stewardship, and participation in a wide variety of religious and social activity, you will soon...

View full post »

St. Alexanders

St. Alexander’s has a history almost as old as Villa Park. It was the first Catholic church in town, established in 1924 to serve 179 Catholic families in the area. The parish was named for St. Alexander I, Pope and Martyr, and was led by Rev. Henry F. Kennedy, Pastor. The First Mass was celebrated...

View full post »

St. Barnabus

In the early days of this community, a sparse Catholic population extended from 87th Street on the north to the city limits on the south. Washington Heights-Fernwood bordered on the east and the west stretched miles toward what is now known as Palos Hills. The few Catholic families attended Mass in the Longwood convent chapel...

View full post »

Hope Lutheran Church

A Lutheran based church located in Long Grove, IL. Ceremony Site Information Hope Lutheran Church 1660 Checker Road Long Grove, IL 60047 847-634-2070 http://www.hopelutheran-elca.org/ Contributing Photographers John Andrews Photography

View full post »

St. Daniel the Prophet

Welcome to St. Daniel the Prophet Parish where we strive to grow together as a community of faith through our common prayer and spirit of hospitality.  We come together in celebration at the liturgy, at numerous social events and in various organizational meetings.  Our parish community is located west of Midway Airport in the City...

View full post »

Saint Elizabeth Seton

MISSION STATEMENT “We the heartfelt people of St. Elizabeth Seton Church are empowered by the Spirit to build Christian Community through worship, education, and service and to bring the love of our Creator and Redeemer to the suffering and deprived.” “Wisdom has built her house… come enter here, and live!” When we reflect on the...

View full post »

Saint Francis Xavier

St. Francis Xavier Parish is a community of people who believe in being Church in all of its diversity –spanning the spectrum from traditional to contemporary.  We try to live vibrant lives formed by the gospel and the awareness that, at all times, we are embraced by Christ.  Our Eucharistic celebrations are the center of...

View full post »

St. Hubert Catholic Church

St. Hubert is a Roman Catholic Church located in Hoffman Estates, IL about 30 miles northwest of Chicago. St. Hubert Parish offers 9 Masses weekly, a school with Preschool through 8th Grade, Religious Education Program, Youth Ministry, and numerous ministries and organizations. Founded in 1960, St. Hubert has been served by four pastors including Fr....

View full post »

Gar Hall

Gar Hall is a room on the north side of the Cultural Center that is used for Justice of the Peace ceremonies or can be rented out for larger events. Perfect view of city skyline. Floor to ceiling arching windows. Ceremony Site Information Gar Hall, Chicago Cultural Center 78 E. Washington St Chicago, IL 60602...

View full post »

Mater Christi Church

The Village’s motto is “A Small Community with a Big Heart.” While quite descriptive of the wider North Riverside community, this statement is true to the identity of our parish! We may be small, but we always make room for more! It is also the home of the Mother of Mothers Shrine. Ceremony Site Information...

View full post »

Newberry Library

With its grand staircase, architectural details, and spacious halls, this historic venue offers a distinctive gathering place for special occasions. The library was built in 1893. The newly redecorated, spacious Ruggles Hall has large windows facing both Washington Square Park and Dearborn Parkway. A fully maintained Steinway grand piano graces a corner of the room....

View full post »

Queen of All Saints Basilica

The basilica, designed in a modernized Gothic style was completed in 1960. The magnificent, cathedral-like church was raised to the dignity of a basilica by Pope John XXIII on March 26, 1962. The large window over the choir loft features eight different shrines of the Virgin Mary. Ceremony Site Information Queen of All Saints Basilica...

View full post »

Cafe Brauer

Café Brauer (also known as the South Pond Refectory) is a restaurant building and official landmark located on the grounds of Lincoln Park Zoo. It was designed by Dwight H. Perkins and completed in 1908. The building, known for its green roof, red bricks, second floor ballroom, and lagoon-side setting, has been called “an outstanding...

View full post »