Category Archives: Chicago

St. Barnabus

In the early days of this community, a sparse Catholic population extended from 87th Street on the north to the city limits on the south. Washington Heights-Fernwood bordered on the east and the west stretched miles toward what is now known as Palos Hills. The few Catholic families attended Mass in the Longwood convent chapel...

View full post »

St. Daniel the Prophet

Welcome to St. Daniel the Prophet Parish where we strive to grow together as a community of faith through our common prayer and spirit of hospitality.  We come together in celebration at the liturgy, at numerous social events and in various organizational meetings.  Our parish community is located west of Midway Airport in the City...

View full post »

Gar Hall

Gar Hall is a room on the north side of the Cultural Center that is used for Justice of the Peace ceremonies or can be rented out for larger events. Perfect view of city skyline. Floor to ceiling arching windows. Ceremony Site Information Gar Hall, Chicago Cultural Center 78 E. Washington St Chicago, IL 60602...

View full post »

Newberry Library

With its grand staircase, architectural details, and spacious halls, this historic venue offers a distinctive gathering place for special occasions. The library was built in 1893. The newly redecorated, spacious Ruggles Hall has large windows facing both Washington Square Park and Dearborn Parkway. A fully maintained Steinway grand piano graces a corner of the room....

View full post »

Queen of All Saints Basilica

The basilica, designed in a modernized Gothic style was completed in 1960. The magnificent, cathedral-like church was raised to the dignity of a basilica by Pope John XXIII on March 26, 1962. The large window over the choir loft features eight different shrines of the Virgin Mary. Ceremony Site Information Queen of All Saints Basilica...

View full post »

Cafe Brauer

Café Brauer (also known as the South Pond Refectory) is a restaurant building and official landmark located on the grounds of Lincoln Park Zoo. It was designed by Dwight H. Perkins and completed in 1908. The building, known for its green roof, red bricks, second floor ballroom, and lagoon-side setting, has been called “an outstanding...

View full post »

St. Mary of the Lake

The Italian Renaissance style church was completed in 1917, patterned after the Roman churches of St. Paul Outside the Walls and St. Mary Major. The freestanding bell tower is a replica of the campanile of St. Prudentiana Church in Rome. Ceremony Site Information St. Mary of the Lake 4200 N. Sheridan Road Chicago, IL, 60613...

View full post »

Zed451

An urban yet earthly environment.  Private and intimate. Ceremony Site Information ZED451 739 N. Clark Street Chicago, IL 60610 312-266-6691 http://www.zed451.com Contributing Photographers Liesl Diesel

View full post »

Unity Temple

Unity Temple is a Unitarian Universalist church in Oak Park, Illinois, and the home of the Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and built between 1905 and 1908. Unity Temple is considered to be one of Wright’s most important structures dating from the first decade of the twentieth century....

View full post »

St. Chrysostom’s Church

St. Chrysostom’s Church was founded in 1893. The current church building was enlarged and renovated in the 1920s. Who was St. Chrysostom? St. John Chrysostom, who had the Greek nickname of “golden tongued,” was the Bishop of Constantinople and was one of the Fathers of the Early Church. He was born in about 347 and...

View full post »

St. Philip Neri

The church has a beautiful recently restored stone exterior with golden entry gates. Inside the sanctuary is a mixture of marble and intricate carved wood with a spectacular painted beam ceiling. It is located just a few blocks from the South Shore Cultural Center and Lake Michigan. Ceremony Site Information St. Philip Neri 2132 East...

View full post »

Adler Planetarium

The museum setting, with its spectacular views of the Chicago skyline, offers an exciting departure from other city alternatives. Cafe Gallileo’s is the premier event space at the Adler, with sweeping view of the city’s glorious skyline and an artful combination of history and contemporary design. The area is approximately 2,240 square feet. Enjoy unparalleled...

View full post »

The Arts Club of Chicago

The Arts Club of Chicago exhibits international contemporary art. It was founded in 1916 and presented Pablo Picasso’s first United States showing. The Vinci/Hamp Architects, Inc. designed building at 201 E. Ontario Street opened in 1997. It houses the famous Mies van der Rohe designed steel staircase preserved from the demolition of the club’s former...

View full post »

The Ivy Room at Tree Studios

A modern oasis in the heart of River North at Medinah Tree Studios, just two blocks from the Magnificent Mile, The Ivy Room embodies a history of artistic elegance. The ballroom windows offer picturesque views of the courtyard garden, transforming every event into an extraordinary experience. THE TREE STUDIOS and its historic annexes were workshops...

View full post »

Fourth Presbyterian Church

This beautiful Gothic landmark is located across the street from The John Hancock Center. Since 1914, more than 8 million people have entered under the carved stone tympanum over the Michigan Avenue entrance to Fourth Presbyterian Church. Today more than 5,700 members call Fourth Church home. Most of the interior and exterior of the church...

View full post »