Grace Lutheran Church

Our history at Grace Lutheran Church of LaGrange now spans three centuries. On April 14, 1887 a group of people dedicated to start a new church met at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Gust Winkrans to organize Grace Lutheran Church of LaGrange (though its first name was Emmaus Lutheran).
With little money they pledged pennies and a few dollars to buy the lot at the southeast corner of Ogden and Kensington (directly across the street from the current sanctuary). Doing most of the work themselves, these founders built the basement church by September 1887. By October 1895 the first structure was complete and the first resident pastor, the Rev. Alfred Ostrom, began his service in June of 1897. What started as a ministry with Swedish Lutherans, in forty years reached out to embrace the whole community. Deep in its roots, however, has always been a mission emphasis to serve near and far. In addition to its partnership with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Grace supports many local ecumenical ministries as well as supporting a missionary in Tanzania.

Ceremony Site Information
Grace Lutheran Church
200 North Catherine Ave
LaGrange, IL 60525
708-352-0730
http://www.gracelutheran-lg.org/

Contributing Photographers
John Andrews Photography

Be Sociable, Share!