Cafe Brauer

Café Brauer (also known as the South Pond Refectory) is a restaurant building and official landmark located on the grounds of Lincoln Park Zoo. It was designed by Dwight H. Perkins and completed in 1908.
The building, known for its green roof, red bricks, second floor ballroom, and lagoon-side setting, has been called “an outstanding example of the Prairie School of architecture” and “perhaps the finest expression of Perkins’ design philosophy”. It was financed by the Brauer family of Chicago, who worked in the restaurant business, and was one of the most popular restaurants in Chicago during the early twentieth century. The restaurant closed in the 1940s, and the structure was used for storage until the Lincoln Park Zoo Society began a $4.2 million restoration project in 1987. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, and it received Chicago Landmark status on February 5, 2003.

Ceremony Site Information
Cafe Brauer
2021 North Stockton Drive
Chicago, IL, 60614
312-742-2000

http://www.lpzoo.org/events/host-private-event/cafe-brauer

Contributing Photographers
zrWeddings

Be Sociable, Share!